Popular posts from this blog
Figurative Sculpture
“Purple Heart” (Measurements) I wanted this sculpture to capture the feel of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for my social issue. I accomplished this by building up a well built man and dressing him in bandages and a tactical vest with a Purple Heart adorning it. The big frame paints a picture that even past all that muscle is a broken soul, further illustrated by the pose I chose. Which is clasping their face while looking down. Also, I channeled a bit of classical antiquity by having the other limb stop at the elbow, mimicking a aged statue. The rough appearance of the sculpture itself is also working with the rest of these elements to drive home the effects PTSD has on someone. His back is ...
Dinner and a Movie
“Group Isolation” Shot on iPhone. THE THING (1998) The piece was very simple to execute once I had the idea in my head. At first I wanted to it to be a science experiment but I changed my mind as it would have been to on the nose. The clean and sterile atmosphere was something I wanted to keep from that idea though. My thoughts behind the odd shape of the table cloth was to create the feeling of the mob closing in. The apparent classier nature of the bottom soup can is depicting a outlier that is out of their depth, they have need to appease the masses or try to blend in but they can’t do either. The trio of cans are can represent two things, a scared group looking to a stoic leader cut from a different cloth or a mob that wants to assimilate all of those not like them.

Comments
Post a Comment